Occasionally the students have non-uniform days. These days are of two types: dress-up days and jeans days. On dress up days, the students are expected to wear clothing equal to or greater than the uniform standard. All uniform rules for skirt length, etc. still apply. The overall guidelines are: "Neatness, moderation, and modesty should guide the selection of student dress.”
Jeans Day Rules
1. Jeans may not be frayed, have holes, or extensive patchwork.
2. Skinny Jeans, jorts (jean shorts) or legging jeans are not permitted.
3. Collared shirts must be worn. If you are wearing jeans, any collared shirt can be worn, but it must be a collared shirt. NO T-Shirts of any kind are allowed unless specified as a House T-shirt day.
4. Students must wear uniform hose or socks, and shoes at all times.
5. Sweaters and full zip (light weight) outerwear are permitted on jeans day, but a collared shirt must be worn.
6. All LC outerwear is permitted on jeans day.
7. All other uniform rules apply on jeans day.
8. Colored Jeans are permitted, but must meet the jeans day rules.
9. Students in jeans, DO NOT have to tuck in their shirts. Students will not be permitted to pay a $1 to just untuck their shirt, only those in jeans will be permitted.
10. Students who are not in jeans, must be in proper uniform attire. We no longer allow for non-uniform khakis and collared shirts to be worn on jeans day. Jeans day means JEANS.
Students who arrive at school out of uniform on jeans day, or any other day, will be asked to call home and resolve the uniform issue. If the uniform issue cannot be resolved either by utilizing the lost and found, extra uniform bin, or parent bringing the appropriate attire; the student will be sent home. All class time missed as a result of being sent home will be considered an unexcused absence.