Celebrating 40 Years!
Hoagie Day - Saturday, September 23, 2017
Hoagies are $3.75 each
With the growth in hoagie sales over the years, our Hoagie Day fundraiser has become a significant operation. In 2016, we made 45,000 sandwiches and raised more than $125,000 for the school! We also donated approximately 4,000 sandwiches to the Catholic Action Center. Because of our phenomenal success, we have reached the limit of what this event is capable of producing from a product standpoint. We also have had many parents ask about a less complicated, more consolidated way they can support the school at a time of year that Hoagies and the uKnight Fund compete for attention. To support these requests and generous intentions of support, we are initiating the uKnight Leadership Patron opportunity for currently enrolled families. Find out more!
Hoagies (salami, ham, provolone cheese, “special onions”, and olive oil on a fresh hoagie bun) are the 2nd largest Lexington Catholic High School FUNdraiser that the whole school community participates in. It is a great way to meet other parents, it is unique to LCHS and you will have more fun than you ever thought possible at 6:00 on a Saturday morning.
You will receive a phone call or e-mail in late August or early September from a parent in your class requesting you to volunteer during Prep Week and/or Hoagie Day. If you do not receive a phone call, please contact the following Parent Rep for your class. Parent Reps:
Senior: Lori Kirkpatrick 559-9968 email@example.com
Junior: Kim Kirn 489-6057 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sophomore: Susan Barberie 312-9922 email@example.com
Freshman: Elizabeth Stacy (803) 389-9432 firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Volunteer Shifts:
Prep week shifts (2-5 and 6-8:30 p.m., LCHS Cafeteria)
• Monday, September 18 (Freshman Parents)
• Tuesday, September 19, (Sophomore Parents)
• Wednesday, September 20 (Junior Parents)
• Thursday, September 21 (Senior Parents)
• Friday, September 22 is set-up day (2-3:30), Alumni Gym.
• Hoagie Day, Saturday, September 23rd, 6:00 a.m., Alumni Gym
In addition to our many other volunteers, we need men to help us with the loading and unloading of product on the truck as we prepare for each shift and on Hoagie morning. On Hoagie Day, we also need Table Captains. Please contact Pam Schneider for both of these requests.
Students who volunteer will receive Service Hours for volunteering and we couldn’t do it without them. Student Sign-Up Sheets will be put up outside the Spiritual Life offices on the Serve Board.
We need and appreciate all of our Hoagie volunteers. We couldn’t do it without you and your support! Over 600 Volunteers are needed from Prep week - Hoagie Day.
The first Hoagie Sales were launched in September, 1977. Inspired by the promise of a hoagie holiday (half day off from school before Thanksgiving), the student body sold over 9000 hoagies in their first year. The first hoagie fundraiser netted $5,300. In 2016, our students sold almost 45,000 hoagies (earned the Wednesday off before Thanksgiving) and our Hoagies fundraiser made over $120,000. We are celebrating our 40th year of Hoagies! What a unique, wonderful, much needed LCHS tradition!
If you need any more information or have questions, please contact: Pam Schneider, Director of Events, Head of Production and Volunteers 859-277-7183, ext. 306 or email@example.com
Student Sales Important Dates:
Students begin Selling, Wednesday, August 23rd
Student Turn-In Dates: August 28 and 31, September 7, 11-15.
Student Final Sales Turn-In Date is Friday, September 15th
Hoagie Pick-Up is Hoagie Day, Saturday, September 23rd from 7-11 a.m.
• The school-wide goal is to sell 38,000 by September 15th and have 100% Student Participation for the school-wide day off before Thanksgiving. This goal has been met for over 15 years.
• While each child is encouraged to sell 60 hoagies, every student is required to sell at least 5.
• Reach our goal of 100% participation and sell 40,000 by September 15th- Add dress down days for Winter Exams.
• Reach our goal of 100% participation and sell 42,000 by September 15th - Add dress down days for Spring Exams.
• Sell 60 Hoagies – “Hoagie DAY” off from school to be taken on a day chosen by the student by April 27, 2018.
• Sell 100 Hoagies – Each student will be entered in drawings for $100, $75, and $50
• There are also cash drawings for our Top 5 Selling Students
• Seniors who sell 60 Hoagies will receive late arrival/early dismissal when the study hall is 1st or 8th period.
• Students will receive more information when we kick off our sales on August 23rd.
For Sales/Distribution Questions, please contact Ann Tramontin Bruggeman, Director of Alumni, Head of Sales and Distribution, 859-277-7183, ext. 299 or firstname.lastname@example.org